Today would have been Nick’s 50th birthday. He died in the VA hospital from servere neglect.
My Mom wanted him to go to his friend that was an allergy specialist. Because a mysterious rash from his medicines appeared. He said Mom “I have to follow protocol as a Veteran or I’ll have to pay all of my bills out of pocket”. He put his trust in the hospital staff there at the Veterans hospital. They failed him grossly.
My Mom requested a private autopsy, they went ahead and did their own against her request.
We weren’t able to get the autopsy on our own. Peter King’s office had to step in advocate for us. It took one year for us to get it. When we finally had the autopsy to see what took his life it was devistating. My Mom’s friend that is a hospital nurse read it for us. She said there were no times listed, which was odd because they always have them. Then she saw what was very alarming. Towards the very end narcaden was administered. This is a medicine given when someone is over dosed.
The turn of events from that day in the hospital started to make sense now. My Mom was at his bedside and held his hand as he past. Just close to 30 minutes prior she saw him laboring to breath. She ran to get his nurse and was rudely dismissed as if she she was overreacting. The nurse actually said she was crazy she wasn’t going to see him. My Mom attempted to have the doctor take a look at him he said he was under staffed and would get to him as soon as he could. As my Mom watched Nick struggle to breath she knew she had to get someone to help and frantically grabbed a nurse from another desk to come see him. It was at that point the nurse called code blue.
Normally there’s a crash cart on every floor it’s required to be there. This time it wasn’t. They had to get one from another floor it took them 19 minutes to get one. At that point he went into anflatic shock and they lost him. It was from the combination of the allergic reaction he originally had from medication and the over dose of his pain medication they gave him on an empty stomach.
I’m not sharing this to give you negative information. My Brother’s death wasn’t in vain. He was a seed planted in the ground. After losing my Dad to chemo 7 months prior to my brothers death. It made me do more on depth studies on the dangers of pharmacy the medical feild and the like. Medications took my two loved ones along with a system that is very flawed. They practice medicine and truly are do the best with what they know to do. But my Bible says healing through casting out devil’s and laying on hands is what makes people recover.
As much as many of you are putting your trust in this medical feild like my Dad and Brother did you aren’t saving your lives you’re losing them.
Please let my families testimonies be a warning to you.