Month: February 2022
If A Thief Be Found
I was seeking the Lord about exposing my Aunt that stole from the family all her life. And more personally from me. Then I realized I was a thief too. As a young girl my boss taught me how to claim 10 dependents on my taxes, when I should have only claimed one myself. Before the plandemic I paid off my credit card debt, then I maxed out my cards right before it hit.Unknowingly I’d be out of work and could never pay it back. As a teen I had friends that would steal, I allowed them to steal a bathing suit for me, because I could not do it myself. That made me an accomplice. The most recent thing I was convicted of was allowing my friend to put my movie ticket in as a senior when I’m not a senior yet. I called the theater to pay the difference, it’s only a couple of dollars but it’s the principle of the matter. Sitting quietly asking the Lord was there more? Hiding things I bought from my ex husband. Ladies a lot of us have done this. Taking extra plastic forks and spoons 🙄 feeling ashamed of the things I have done.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
I was judging my Aunt far more wicked than I’ve ever been and rubbed it in everyone’s face along with her lies about what she had done. But sin is sin no matter how large or small. I can’t condemn her for something I’ve done myself even if it was on a lower level. I would be a hypocrite.
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Over the years I’ve struggled with finances not being able to get a head. My needs were always provided but I was always coming up short. The things I had bought on my credit card I gave away to a friend that was starting up a church. She was opening a thrift store to help raise money. Things were stolen from me. Did it weigh itself out? I’m seeking the Lord. Have I made restitution yet?
Read through these scriptures I found in a blog to share with you. Giving credit where it’s due providing the authors name. See if the word of God convicts you too.
Fritz Chery Nov 11, 2021 Bible Verses About0 comments
Bible verses about thieves
Scripture clearly says, “thou shall not steal.” Stealing is more than just going to the store and taking a candy bar. Christians can be living in thievery and not even know it. Examples of this could be lying on your tax returns or taking things without permission from your job. Refusing to pay back debts.
Finding someone’s lost item and making no effort to return it. Thievery starts with covetingand one sin leads to another. If you take something that doesn’t belong to you without permission that’s stealing. God does not deal with this sin lightly. We must turn away, repent, obey the law, and trust in God to provide for us.
Thieves will not enter Heaven.
1. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don’t you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunks, slanderers, and robbers will not inherit the kingdom of God. That is what some of you were! But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of our Lord Jesus the Messiah and by the Spirit of our God.
2. Romans 13:9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
3. Matthew 15:17-19 Don’t you know that everything that goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and then is expelled as waste? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and it is those things that make a person unclean. It is out of the heart that evil thoughts come, as well as murder, adultery, sexual immorality, stealing, false testimony, and slander.
4. Exodus 22:2-4 If a thief is found while breaking into a house, and is struck down and dies, it is not a capital crime in that case, but if the sun has risen on him, then it is a capital crime in that case. A thief is certainly to make restitution, but if he has nothing, he is to be sold for his theft. If what was stolen is actually found alive in his possession, whether an ox, a donkey or a sheep, he is to repay double.
5. Proverbs 6:30-31 People do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his hunger when he is starving. Yet if he is caught, he must pay sevenfold, though it costs him all the wealth of his house.
6. Proverbs 20:18 Bread obtained by falsehood is sweet to a man, But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.
7. Proverbs 10:2-3 Treasures of wickedness profit nothing: but righteousness delivereth from death. The LORD will not suffer the soul of the righteous to famish: but he casteth away the substance of the wicked.
8. Hosea 12:6-8 But you must return to your God; maintain love and justice, and wait for your God always. The merchant uses dishonest scales and loves to defraud. Ephraim boasts, “I am very rich; I have become wealthy. With all my wealth they will not find in me any iniquity or sin.”
9. Leviticus 19:13 Do not defraud or rob your neighbor. Do not hold back the wages of a hired worker overnight.
10. Proverbs 11:1 A false balance is an abomination to the LORD, but a just weight is his delight.
11. Exodus 21:16 Whoever steals a man and sells him, and anyone found in possession of him, shall be put to death.
12. Deuteronomy 24:7 If someone is caught kidnapping a fellow Israelite and treating or selling them as a slave, the kidnapper must die. You must purge the evil from among you.
13. Proverbs 29:24-25 The accomplices of thieves are their own enemies; they are put under oath and dare not testify. Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.
14. Psalm 50:17-18 For you refuse my discipline and treat my words like trash. When you see thieves, you approve of them, and you spend your time with adulterers.
A thief might not get caught by the law, but God knows.
15. Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
16. Numbers 32:23 But if you fail to keep your word, then you will have sinned against the LORD, and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.
Turn away from stealing.
17. Ezekiel 33:15-16 if a wicked man restores a pledge, pays back what he has taken by robbery, walks by the statutes which ensure life without committing iniquity, he shall surely live; he shall not die. None of the sins that he has committed shall be remembered against him. He has done what is just and right; he shall surely live.
18. Psalm 32:4-5 For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD.”And you forgave the guilt of my sin. Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found; surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them.
19. Ephesians 4:28 If you are a thief, quit stealing. Instead, use your hands for good hard work, and then give generously to others in need.
20. 1 John 2:3-6 And we can be sure that we know him if we obey his commandments. If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t obey God’s commandments, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth. But those who obey God’s word truly show how completely they love him. That is how we know we are living in him. Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.
21. John 12:4-6 But Judas Iscariot, the disciple who would soon betray him, said, “That perfume was worth a year’s wages. It should have been sold and the money given to the poor.” Not that he cared for the poor–he was a thief, and since he was in charge of the disciples’ money, he often stole some for himself.
22. Obadiah 1:4-6 “Though you soar like the eagle and make your nest among the stars, from there I will bring you down,” declares the LORD. If thieves came to you, if robbers in the night– oh, what a disaster awaits you!– would they not steal only as much as they wanted? If grape pickers came to you, would they not leave a few grapes? But how Esau will be ransacked, his hidden treasures pillaged!
23. John 10:6-8 This figure of speech Jesus spoke to them, but they did not understand what those things were which He had been saying to them. So Jesus said to them again, Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
24. Isaiah 1:21-23 See how Jerusalem, once so faithful, has become a prostitute. Once the home of justice and righteousness, she is now filled with murderers. Once like pure silver, you have become like worthless slag. Once so pure, you are now like watered-down wine. Your leaders are rebels, the companions of thieves. All of them love bribes and demand payoffs, but they refuse to defend the cause of orphansor fight for the rights of widows.
25. Jeremiah 48:26-27 Make her drunk, for she has defied the LORD. Let Moab wallow in her vomit; let her be an object of ridicule. Was not Israel the object of your ridicule? Was she caught among thieves, that you shake your head in scorn whenever you speak of her?
Have you ever cheated on your taxes? Taken anything that didn’t belong to you. Did someone ring you up wrong you knew it and said nothing. Have you robbed God of tithes. Let the Holy Spirit lead you into all truth for repentance. 🙏